Authorized by Friends of Ahmed, Treasurer David W.Whyte

Thursday, May 27, 2010

V-Empower, Inc.'s 1st Quarter 2010 & 2009 Update

V-Empower, Inc.'s 1st Quarter 2010 & 2009 Update
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 11:02pm

Dear Friend,

I hope you are doing well. I have not had the opportunity to fully update you in the last 3 to 4 months. Our company went through a lot of challenges in the last 6 months. Also, I had to make a decision to seek a public office or not. I wanted to thank my spouse, kids, my siblings, in-laws, parents, clients, investors, friends and contributors who stuck with me and our company in difficult times. We could not have done it without your help, guidance and support.

I would like to take this opportunity to update you on some of our major accomplishments in the last 6 months:
  • Successful audit by Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing & Regulation
  • Successful audit by Washington State Revenue Authority (Identified about $ 2128 in back taxes/we are looking at our books and will hopefully resolve it within a week or so)
  • Successful transfer of ownership of 2 companies to my colleagues (V-Empower, Inc will be a minority owner and help my friends to grow these companies & expand)
  • In negotiation to transfer 3 of our products to companies who have the bandwidth to enhance/market/sell in this tough economy. We had a whole lot on our plate and needed these partnerships
  • Turned 4 of our employees into entrepreneurs/partner/owners effective March 1, 2010
  • We are positioned to be one of the Philanthropic companies in Washington area (scheduled to announce in mid May, 2010). We had ranked 5th in charitable giving in the Washington Metro area by Business Journal in 2009
  • We are about 1/5th from our peak time in 2006 (Revenue of % 5.34 million in 2006 to $1.02 million in 2009)
  • We are extremely focused in the following areas: (Information Security, Share point (Microsoft Product), Open Source (PHP/Drupal/Joomla), Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Web-based solutions, iPhone Applications, Facebook Applications & Linkedin Applications
  • We are also in the initial stages of two big ideas (these are going to be web-based solutions, www.sendiwthme.com and http://www.ontheflight.com/).
  • We have signed up about 3 new good customers recently this month.
  • We are in negotiations with few good companies to be their sub-contractors in areas of our expertise

We took heavy losses in the last 18 months and I believe, we are on an upswing. I have gotten a lot of things organized to seek Democratic Nomination for the Maryland House of Delegates (23A). We raised about $46,000 so far and I am hoping to raise about $ 60,000 more to be competitive. It is an open seat and I had gotten a little behind, but we are determined to get our message out, earn support of my citizens, win in the primary and effectively serve from January 2011. Most of you are following me on Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin. I will need your support. You can also visit my personal websites:

www.shukoor.com (Will be functional by 30th of April)

www.shukoor.org (Personal)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this email and I am committed to serving my citizens, help our customers, empower our employees & fellow entrepreneurs. This down side has taught me very valuable lessons and I am pretty sure will bring the best in me and among us.

Have a good day

Shukoor Ahmed

No comments:

Post a Comment