Dear Friend/Supporter -
I hope you had wonderful 4th of July weekend. I wanted to update you with the progress of our campaign has made. These are some highlights:
1) We have signed a lease for office space and currently are in the process of setting up our office at 6915 Laurel Bowie Road, Suite 250 G. We should be functional by July 12th.
2) Our website is up and running (www.shukoor.com) and we are fixing a few minor tweaks.
3) We are in the process of launching a website which will allow any citizen to make his/her own sample ballot (www.pgballot.com). We hope to roll out by middle or the end of next week. This will be a Democratic Sample Ballot for Prince George’s County.
4) We are also working with couple of smart computer programmers to build an iPhone application which will allow citizens to find polling location; verify their voter registration status and track their absentee ballot request statewide.
5) We are helping David Murray and Edward Burroughs (School Board candidates for District 1 and District 8).
6) We held a fundraiser for them and raised about $ 900 each.
7) Our sign are all over the district. We are now getting into placing smaller yard signs in the next week or so.
8) We will have a Campaign Manager and a Field Director by the end of next week.
9) We had two letters to the editors in all 3 local newspapers (Bowie-Blade News, Bowie Gazette and Laurel Leader). We have about 5 of our supporters ready to write letters to the editor.
10) Our campaign had the highest Fan/Supporters 866 and the next candidate has about 730.
11) We have assisted 6 constituents in identifying job opportunities so far.
12) We have 4 confirmed fundraisers and are on target to raise needed money to win this campaign.
13) We will have a Phone Bank by the end of next week in our office.
14) We were interviewed by Prince Georges Community Television and it was aired on 7th of July.
15) We will be opening up a lot of information about our campaign to bring transparency and empower citizens.
16) We are the most active campaign in disseminating information and opening up opportunities for several businesses to get political customers.
17) We are waving about twice a week for the last 3 weeks. We hope to begin waving 3 times a week from next week.
18) We knocked about 2100 homes already and doing an average of about 90 homes each day.
Thank you very much for all your support. Let us get the word out to all our friends and families who live District 23A.
Have a good weekend and I hope to campaign back after the Soccer Final today in an hour.
Democrat for Maryland House of Delegates 23A