Authorized by Friends of Ahmed, Treasurer David W.Whyte

Friday, July 30, 2010

Introductions, a Letter to the Editor, and Happy Birthday Shukoor

Hello all!

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ben Lighter, and I am the new Social Media Director for Shukoor's campaign! I'll get to what that means in just a bit. First, a little about myself.

I am a lifelong Bowie resident, and went through 3 different Prince George's County schools (Kenilworth Elementary, Benjamin Tasker Middle School and Bowie High School, for those keeping score). I'm just about to enter my sophomore year at Bethany College in Bethany, West Virginia, as a Religious Studies major. One day, I hope to become a minister. When I'm not bloggin' up a storm, I can usually be found reading, social networking, or catching up on my sleep. I should also mention I'm a proud brother of the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity.

I came onto this campaign because I believe in Shukoor's candidacy. He is one of the most hardworking, honest, and caring individuals I can think of. I know he'll make a great delegate because of his character and ability to listen, and I'm proud to work alongside him.

As Shukoor's Social Media Director, I'm his right-hand man for all things internet. That includes Facebook, Twitter, blogging, and quite a few more things. We have come up with quite a few exciting ideas that we hope to see playing out in the coming weeks. It's gonna be great.

Speaking of great, we opened the Bowie Blade today to find a very flattering letter to the editor about Shukoor, referring to him as a "good listener", who asks "pointed questions".  The letter can be seen on
 http://www.hometownbowie.com/ under "Reader's Views, 7/29/10", or in your local Blade. Special thanks to Don Pollock for his views.

Finally, a very happy birthday to Shukoor! He turns 48 today. Forgot a card? No worries! You can send your greetings to him on our fan page on facebook! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shukoor-Ahmed/292774924789)

That's it for today. I apologize if I was a tad long-winded, We just had a lot to cover!

Ciao!
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment